COVID-19 Clinic procedures
We have been consulting with the General Chiropractic Council, United Chiropractic Association and Gov.Uk and Public Health England, to establish the safest way to treat patients
We have now established that we are able to see selected patients who meet the following criteria only:
• You have NOT had any flu like symptoms in the last 10 days .
• You have NOT experienced any shortness of breath/ chest pain/ tightness.
• You have NOT had any unusual abdominal symptoms – loss of appetite, diarrhoea.
• You have NOT had a loss of smell or taste .
• You have NOT had exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
• You have NOT had anyone in your household poorly with possible COVID symptoms.
• You have NOT had laboratory exposure working directly with biological specimens that contain COVID-19 .
• You are NOT a health-care worker or first responder having possible contact with COVID-19 patients .
• You are NOT in the high risk identified in Government Guidelines below.
Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema or bronchitis.
Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure.
Chronic kidney disease.
Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis.
Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability or cerebral palsy.
Problems with the spleen, such as sickle cell disease or removal of the spleen.
A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such chemotherapy, or autoimmune condition .
Providing a safe environment of our patients
Ongoing cleaning of the contact points and equipment between patients (as pre COVID-19).
Therefore we may be following the following procedures.
Completing a triage questionnaire at the clinic
Spreading appointments out – meaning we cannot se as many patients in a day due to procedures, cleaning and wearing PPE
Taking our temperature twice daily
You will need to wash your hands
Follow up appointments will be made if the answers to the questions above are still NO.
The same procedure will happen for every appointment